May 1, 2018
In this podcast we talk about Rejection.
You will receive rejection in many parts of your life. Happens to everyone. Everyone. The important thing is how you react to it. It is possible to allow a rejection to knock you flat and suck the motivation out of you so you give up. You have to understand that that reaction is a choice. And giving up, is probably the wrong choice.
In this podcast we will cover other choices you can make and strategies you can adopt to deal with and handle rejection.
* How to develop resilience
* How to handle rejection
* Sales is “get the right offer, in front of the right person, at the right time”.
* Rejection is built in to the sales process.
* Nature abhors a vacuum how to avoid doubts filling a confidence vacuum
You can support me on Patreon https://patreon.com/eviltester (and receive extra content)
Hire me for consultancy and buy my online books and training at:
January 4, 2018
How to use your Testing Skills to define goals and plans - The Evil Tester Show - New Year Special 2018
In this show you will learn:
- What is a resolution?
- why do you want it?
- how your beliefs help you
- how your testing skills help you define goals and create action plans
- Big goals or small goals?
- how to explore progress on goals as value add chunks
- Prioritise and learn to say NO
- Books for Questioning - The Structure of Magic - vols 1 and 2
- see also "NLP for Testers" https://www.compendiumdev.co.uk/page/nlp
Show Notes at EvilTester.com.show
November 24, 2017
In this Black Friday Special of The Evil Tester Show Podcast we consider lessons we can learn from discount sales, retail under pressure, and confidence tricksters and expert provocateurs.
- The Black Friday Software Testing Game
- UK Sale of Goods Act - what is a sale?
- What is an expert?
- How to communicate like an expert
- Automating through the GUI
- Options for Automating
- Testing for Confidence
- Communicating Confidence
- You can be confident that something is wrong
- Confidence doesn't mean Goodness
November 10, 2017
The book Provocative Therapy has had a big impact on my life as a tester and a consultant. Also I want to discuss the Tester's Role in Modern Software Development and the current vogue for Quality Coaches (that might be a bit provocative)
- What is provocative therapy?
- The Goals of provocative therapy
- Humour in provocative therapy
- How to use provocative therapy as a consultant
- What is the tester's role in modern software development?
- Why are people confused about a Tester's role on Agile?
- Why is Agile Testing Hard?
- Why will Quality Coaching help?
- What does a tester really do?
- What makes a good tester different from other people on an Agile team?
- What are the dangers with Test Coaches?
- How do we define our own role on Agile Projects?
- What does a tester do on Agile Projects?
- Can programmer's test their own code?
Show notes at http://eviltester.com/show
October 23, 2017
We are in the Uncertainty Business.
We find and investigate anomalous Phenomena
Anomalous - "deviating from what is standard, normal, or expected."
We are part of a long tradition of Anomalous Phenomena seekers.