How to use your Testing Skills to define goals and plans - The Evil Tester Show - New Year Special 2018
In this show you will learn:
- What is a resolution?
- why do you want it?
- how your beliefs help you
- how your testing skills help you define goals and create action plans
- Big goals or small goals?
- how to explore progress on goals as value add chunks
- Prioritise and learn to say NO
- Books for Questioning - The Structure of Magic - vols 1 and 2
- see also "NLP for Testers" https://www.compendiumdev.co.uk/page/nlp
Show Notes at EvilTester.com.show
The book Provocative Therapy has had a big impact on my life as a tester and a consultant. Also I want to discuss the Tester's Role in Modern Software Development and the current vogue for Quality Coaches (that might be a bit provocative)
- What is provocative therapy?
- The Goals of provocative therapy
- Humour in provocative therapy
- How to use provocative therapy as a consultant
- What is the tester's role in modern software development?
- Why are people confused about a Tester's role on Agile?
- Why is Agile Testing Hard?
- Why will Quality Coaching help?
- What does a tester really do?
- What makes a good tester different from other people on an Agile team?
- What are the dangers with Test Coaches?
- How do we define our own role on Agile Projects?
- What does a tester do on Agile Projects?
- Can programmer's test their own code?
Show notes at http://eviltester.com/show